Because of elections we moved our published INSET of 25th February 2019 to
2nd May 2019
18th January 2018
The Next Fortnight
24th Soundwaves to Young Voices, Birmingham
30th Y5 to Shugborough residential
The PTFA are meeting in school on Thursday 31st January to discuss events this term.
Please return your club applications as soon as possible so that we can allocate them.
Please read the term dates listed below. Our theme weeks often clash with Red Nose Day and World Book Day so I thought we’d give these an opportunity this term.
A simply fantastic performance to the parents on Thursday. Well done to all involved.
We are getting to that time of year again. We love snow days at The William Amory (well, the first one at least) because we can spend some time building snowmen and making snow angels on the playground. If it is snowy, please send your child in with (LABELLED) waterproof shoes/boots/wellies, plenty of socks and waterproof gloves. Warm coats etc go without saying.
On a more practical level, please can I remind parents of our snow plan which can be found on the school website here.
We make every attempt to remain open, even if we need to double up classes and scrap the curriculum for that day. However, this is not always possible and we do have a duty to ensure we have sufficient staff to cover our legal responsibilities. Below are reminders of how we aim to operate on snow days:
- Our local schools share information from 06:00 though we make our own decisions mostly based on staffing.
- Staff inform me of the possibility of getting to school and nursery. Please remember that some staff commute for up to an hour and many live in the Peaks so they may be better or worse off than Blythe Bridge for snow.
- I make a decision with this information, along with Met Office and BBC weather forecasts. I publish via text to all parents/carers by 06:45 if the school and nursery are to close. I then inform the authorities who publish it. Please do not rely on websites or radio – your text is best.
- Once the decision to close is made, that is final.
- We make every attempt to clear paths to the school but conditions dictate what we do on the day.
- I may well close the school the night before if it is clear that the weather overnight is worsening.
To help us out please:
- Make sure we have your correct and current mobile number.
- Don’t call school to see if we are open. If you have not heard by 06:45, we shall be open.
- Don’t call school to see if you should send your child to school – we cannot make that decision on your behalf. If you do not think it is safe to come in then please call and leave a message.
And a final reminder – If you have not received a text by 06:45, the school is open.
As always, I will always do my best to speak to you about any concerns you may have on the day so please feel free to approach me, either on the playground or book an appointment if you prefer.
Mr B Wilken
TERM DATES SPRING 18/19
7th Term starts for all
9th Swimming starts Y3 Y4
15th Shugborough parents meeting Y5
17th Soundwaves – perform to parents
24th Soundwaves to Young Voices
30th Y5 to Shugborough 2 nights
31st PTFA meeting
4th Academy Photos – class photos and groups, leavers, sports and musicians
7th Level II Bikeability Y5
Level I Bikeability Y4
12th Y6 WWII theme day including parent assembly
15th End of first half term
25th Start of second half term. CHILDREN IN TODAY. INSET moved to 2nd May for elections
5th Parents Evening
6th Cluster music event at Forsbrook
7th World Book Day
15th Red Nose Day
21st PTFA Charity Fashion Show
2nd BBHS Physics Fest for selected pupils
12th Last day of term
No After School Club tonight
Additional Events this term