- To support work in class, we ask that children read every night.
- Precision maths folders are given out on a Monday and we ask that they are returned on Friday.
- Other homework may be issued on an ad hoc basis.
- In Year Six we listen to the children read at least once a week, we have guided reading sessions four days a week.
- Obviously there is a great deal more reading goes on in class.
- Often we will try to slip additional reading in during the day. For this reason please ensure that your child’s reading book is in class every day.
- Our PE lessons are on Tuesday and Friday, please ensure that your child has their kit in school on these days.
- We have daily sessions of reading, English and maths. The children will be split into groups according to our assessments of their ability.
- We place a big emphasis on children working collaboratively within lessons.
- Children are provided with all of the equipment that they may need for their lessons so there is no need for them to bring pencil cases in.
- Please contact us on the yard if we are available or write a short note.
- Please note that we do not read messages in the reading diary unless we are reading with your child.
- Please can you discourage children from bringing games, toys or other possessions into school other than if asked. We cannot look for broken, swapped or lost possessions.
What We’ve Been Up To:
Year 6 enjoyed an excellent visit to RAF Cosford on Thursday 22nd November which was linked to their project on World War II. They found out about the aircraft from Continue Reading →
The William Amory Primary School and Nursery commemorated the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Armistice – which recognised the significance of the end of the First World War, and Continue Reading →
spreadsheets lessons spreadsheets lessons with assess Spreadsheet lesson 01
Year 6 have been studying World War II as their history project. They have been cooking using recipes which were used during rationing; knitting as part of the ‘Make-Do-and-Mend’ campaign Continue Reading →
Year 6 have been working on improving their ball skills in a variety of different ways with Mr Ellis from Little Sports Coaching. They have been using and practising different Continue Reading →