- To support work in class, we ask that children read every night.
- Precision maths folders are given out on a Monday and we ask that they are returned on Friday.
- Other homework may be issued on an ad hoc basis.
- In Year Six we listen to the children read at least once a week, we have guided reading sessions four days a week.
- Obviously there is a great deal more reading goes on in class.
- Often we will try to slip additional reading in during the day. For this reason please ensure that your child’s reading book is in class every day.
- Our PE lessons are on Tuesday and Friday, please ensure that your child has their kit in school on these days.
- We have daily sessions of reading, English and maths. The children will be split into groups according to our assessments of their ability.
- We place a big emphasis on children working collaboratively within lessons.
- Children are provided with all of the equipment that they may need for their lessons so there is no need for them to bring pencil cases in.
- Please contact us on the yard if we are available or write a short note.
- Please note that we do not read messages in the reading diary unless we are reading with your child.
- Please can you discourage children from bringing games, toys or other possessions into school other than if asked. We cannot look for broken, swapped or lost possessions.
What We’ve Been Up To:
14th February 2017 Year 6 tell the school and parents all about the events of World War II with an assembly. It covered the start of the war, life in Continue Reading →
1st December 2016 Key Stage II show off their old fashioned skills with our inter-house craft afternoon. Children got into houses and went to classrooms to take part in this Continue Reading →
9th November 2016 Year 6 set the tone as we start to explore the fashions across the ages. The children spent the week looking at fashion from a number of Continue Reading →
20th October 2016 Part of our work on Wellbeing is working together in houses to develop teamwork and friendship. With sportsmanship thrown in as well, a whole school inter house Continue Reading →
27th September 2016 Our Deputy and Head Boys and Girls remembered John Hawley, and Old Boy of The William Amory who died in action 100 years ago today. The following Continue Reading →