- To support work in class, we ask that children read every night.
- Precision maths folders are given out on a Monday and we ask that they are returned on Friday.
- Other homework may be issued on an ad hoc basis.
- In Year Four we listen to the children read at least once a week, we have guided reading sessions four days a week.
- Obviously there is a great deal more reading goes on in class.
- Often we will try to slip additional reading in during the day. For this reason please ensure that your child’s reading book is in class every day.
- Our PE lessons are on Tuesday and Friday, please ensure that your child has their kit in school on these days.
- We have daily sessions of reading, English and maths. The children will be split into groups according to our assessments of their ability.
- We place a big emphasis on children working collaboratively within lessons.
- Children are provided with all of the equipment that they may need for their lessons so there is no need for them to bring pencil cases in.
- Please contact us on the yard if we are available or write a short note.
- Please note that we do not read messages in the reading diary unless we are reading with your child.
- Please can you discourage children from bringing games, toys or other possessions into school other than if asked. We cannot look for broken, swapped or lost possessions.
What We’ve Been Up To:
A big well done and thank you to all the children who raised money through their sponsorship forms for the ‘Sports for Schools’ day. All your money has gone towards Continue Reading →
Well done to all the children for taking part in the Stoke City Penalty Shoot-out. We could all see some future football players in our school and everyone was a Continue Reading →
On Thursday 28th March we went on a Roman experience day at Chester. It was an amazing trip and everybody had a lovely time. We would like to thank Mrs Continue Reading →
What a thoroughly enjoyable morning the children had working up a sweat completing the fitness circuit led by olympic athletes, Joe Roebuck and Amy Smith. They were very inspiring and Continue Reading →
The children at The William Amory Primary School & Nursery always make our World Book Day extra special. The effort and dedication you put in to your character costumes is Continue Reading →