- To support work in class, we ask that children read every night.
- Precision maths folders are given out on a Monday and we ask that they are returned on Friday.
- Other homework may be issued on an ad hoc basis.
- In Year Four we listen to the children read at least once a week, we have guided reading sessions four days a week.
- Obviously there is a great deal more reading goes on in class.
- Often we will try to slip additional reading in during the day. For this reason please ensure that your child’s reading book is in class every day.
- Our PE lessons are on Tuesday and Friday, please ensure that your child has their kit in school on these days.
- We have daily sessions of reading, English and maths. The children will be split into groups according to our assessments of their ability.
- We place a big emphasis on children working collaboratively within lessons.
- Children are provided with all of the equipment that they may need for their lessons so there is no need for them to bring pencil cases in.
- Please contact us on the yard if we are available or write a short note.
- Please note that we do not read messages in the reading diary unless we are reading with your child.
- Please can you discourage children from bringing games, toys or other possessions into school other than if asked. We cannot look for broken, swapped or lost possessions.
What We’ve Been Up To:
On Thursday 24th January, Soundwaves went to the Young Voices concert at the Resorts World Arena in Birmingham. Our 38 children joined together with over 6000 others for an incredible Continue Reading →
The whole of The William Amory Primary School set off on their annual Panto trip on the 20th December. Everyone was very excited and couldn’t wait for the show to Continue Reading →
On Friday 14th December, KS2 performed their KS2 Christmas Sing-A-Long to their parents. The children sang many well known Christmas songs and everyone was encouraged to join in. It was Continue Reading →
Today the Blythe Bridge Rotary Club donated over 200 of nearly new and brand new books for our classroom selections and the school library. Our head boy and girl gladly Continue Reading →
The children who have been taking part in Rocksteady this term performed their end of term concert with their bands. The children really rocked out and showed off the songs Continue Reading →