Welcome to Year Three
- Miss Rockingham is the year 3 full time class teacher with Mrs Jones working as the class teaching assistant on: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- To support work in class, we ask that children read every night.
- Precision maths folders are given out on a Friday and we ask that they are returned on the following Thursday.
- Spellings will be set on a Friday and we ask that they are learnt ready for the following Thursday.
- Other homework may be issued on an ad hoc basis.
- In Year Three children will come home with a reading book and reading record book for home reading. Please aim to listen to them read this book at least 3 times per week.
- The majority of reading is taught through guided reading.
- Often we will try to slip additional reading in during the day. For this reason please ensure that your child’s reading book is in class every day.
- Our PE lessons are on Tuesday and Wednesday, please ensure that your child has their kit in school on these days.
- We have daily sessions of reading, English and maths. The children will be split into groups according to our assessments of their ability.
- We place a big emphasis on children working collaboratively within lessons.
- Children are provided with all of the equipment that they may need for their lessons so there is no need for them to bring pencil cases in.
- Please contact us on the yard if we are available or write a short note.
- Please note that we do not read messages in the reading diary unless we are reading with your child.
- Please can you discourage children from bringing games, toys or other possessions into school other than if asked. We cannot look for broken, swapped or lost possessions.
What We’ve Been Up To:
Today every child in KS2 split up into their respective house teams and either took part in a quiz or sports multi-skills as part of the KS2 Inter-House Competition. The Continue Reading →
24th October 2018 – Film Night On the 24th October 2018 the PTFA will be hosting a film night at the school. Chosen film to be announced, which will either Continue Reading →
Class Info Evening Your class teachers will be available on Wednesday 12th September to talk to you about your child(ren)’s new class routines and structures. This is not the opportunity to Continue Reading →
1st December 2016 Key Stage II show off their old fashioned skills with our inter-house craft afternoon. Children got into houses and went to classrooms to take part in this Continue Reading →
7th November 2016 Year 3 and 4 had a lucky escape thanks to the Jedi like skills of their teachers. The travelling theatre group visited as part of our work Continue Reading →