- To support work in class, we ask that children read every night.
- Precision maths folders are given out on a Monday and we ask that they are returned on Friday.
- Other homework may be issued on an ad hoc basis.
- In Year Three we listen to the children read at least once a week, we have guided reading sessions four days a week.
- Obviously there is a great deal more reading goes on in class.
- Often we will try to slip additional reading in during the day. For this reason please ensure that your child’s reading book is in class every day.
- Our PE lessons are on Tuesday and Friday, please ensure that your child has their kit in school on these days.
- We have daily sessions of reading, English and maths. The children will be split into groups according to our assessments of their ability.
- We place a big emphasis on children working collaboratively within lessons.
- Children are provided with all of the equipment that they may need for their lessons so there is no need for them to bring pencil cases in.
- Please contact us on the yard if we are available or write a short note.
- Please note that we do not read messages in the reading diary unless we are reading with your child.
- Please can you discourage children from bringing games, toys or other possessions into school other than if asked. We cannot look for broken, swapped or lost possessions.
What We’ve Been Up To:
1st December 2016 Key Stage II show off their old fashioned skills with our inter-house craft afternoon. Children got into houses and went to classrooms to take part in this Continue Reading →
7th November 2016 Year 3 and 4 had a lucky escape thanks to the Jedi like skills of their teachers. The travelling theatre group visited as part of our work Continue Reading →
13th September 2016 Year 3 took advantage of the warmest day in September since 1911 to get some exercise and develop those skipping skills. There were challenges, races and games Continue Reading →
18th July 2016 The children in Year 3 had their work cut out trying to tame this beast without losing any fingers. But brave as ever, the group took to Continue Reading →
3rd March 2016 My Grandma, what big teeth you have…. and various other phrases were flavour of the day as we dressed up in our favourite book character costumes.
25th October 2015 Our CSI theme week was a huge success this year – like a Canadian Mountie – we always get our man!