Welcome to Year Three
- Miss Rockingham is the year 3 full time class teacher with Mrs Jones working as the class teaching assistant on: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- To support work in class, we ask that children read every night.
- Precision maths folders are given out on a Friday and we ask that they are returned on the following Thursday.
- Spellings will be set on a Friday and we ask that they are learnt ready for the following Thursday.
- Other homework may be issued on an ad hoc basis.
- In Year Three children will come home with a reading book and reading record book for home reading. Please aim to listen to them read this book at least 3 times per week.
- The majority of reading is taught through guided reading.
- Often we will try to slip additional reading in during the day. For this reason please ensure that your child’s reading book is in class every day.
- Our PE lessons are on Tuesday and Wednesday, please ensure that your child has their kit in school on these days.
- We have daily sessions of reading, English and maths. The children will be split into groups according to our assessments of their ability.
- We place a big emphasis on children working collaboratively within lessons.
- Children are provided with all of the equipment that they may need for their lessons so there is no need for them to bring pencil cases in.
- Please contact us on the yard if we are available or write a short note.
- Please note that we do not read messages in the reading diary unless we are reading with your child.
- Please can you discourage children from bringing games, toys or other possessions into school other than if asked. We cannot look for broken, swapped or lost possessions.
What We’ve Been Up To:
As part of Year 3’s Science and History topics the year 3 children went on a school trip to the National Stone Centre. We are studying `rocks and soils` and Continue Reading →
The William Amory Primary School and Nursery commemorated the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Armistice – which recognised the significance of the end of the First World War, and Continue Reading →
Year 3 have held a welcome home street party for our injured soldier Harold. Throughout theme week the children have written letters as if they were Harold informing parents of Continue Reading →
Today every child in KS2 split up into their respective house teams and either took part in a quiz or sports multi-skills as part of the KS2 Inter-House Competition. The Continue Reading →
24th October 2018 – Film Night – Ferdinand On the 24th October 2018 the PTFA will be hosting a film night at the school. The chosen film is ‘Ferdinand’. The Continue Reading →