- Precision homework continues in Year 2.It is given out every Friday and is expected to be completed and handed in on the following Thursday. This is essential in supporting children’s mental recall of key mathematical facts and their work in class. Spellings will also be sent home and additional home work may be set when needed.
- The school uses Letters and Sounds as our phonics scheme.
- In year 2 each child is allocated a reading day which is stated in their Reading record book. This book provides valuable communication between parent and teacher and helps us to consistently monitor your child’s progress so it should always be in school on the allocated day. It is expected that children read at home for at least 10-15 minutes every day in addition to reading time and activities at school.
- PE times are Wednesday and Friday afternoons. Please can you ensure full PE kit is in school on these days and labelled with your child’s name. Ear-rings should be removed.Swimming will be taken during the Summer Term
- Please ensure you child has a drinking bottle in school and that any snack money is in a labelled purse or envelope.Please note that on my current timetable I will not be in school on Friday afternoons due to PPA (Planning ,Preparation and Assessment time.)
What We’ve Been Up To:
Year 2 came into Reception today to share the letters they have written to Santa to the Reception children. The children used their speaking and listening skills and then enthusiastically Continue Reading →
The William Amory Primary School and Nursery commemorated the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Armistice – which recognised the significance of the end of the First World War, and Continue Reading →
Year 2 ventured outside with Mr Fox to take part in Forest School. They each attempted to create a spark using a fire steel. The children were then tasked as Continue Reading →
Year 2 have been constructing circuits as part of their science topic. It has been electrifying! The children have been investigating electricity by finding out how to make a bulb Continue Reading →
Year 2 have been focusing on gymnastics during P.E. They have learnt about sequences of movement and have been using what they have learnt on a variety of different equipment. Continue Reading →