During this time away from School your Year 2 homework will be set on line via Education City. You will find your logon password in your school work pack. There are also relevant ideas and links to further curriculum learning in your work pack. Remember a lot of great learning can also take place away from the computer too. If you do not have your school work pack this can be collected by Wednesday or your individual password can be emailed. Keep singing, dancing and reading! Stay safe.
- Precision homework continues in Year 2.It is given out every Friday and is expected to be completed and handed in on the following Thursday. This is essential in supporting children’s mental recall of key mathematical facts and their work in class. Spellings will also be sent home and additional home work may be set when needed.
- The school uses Letters and Sounds as our phonics scheme.
- In year 2 each child is allocated a reading day which is stated in their Reading record book. This book provides valuable communication between parent and teacher and helps us to consistently monitor your child’s progress so it should always be in school on the allocated day. It is expected that children read at home for at least 10-15 minutes every day in addition to reading time and activities at school.
- PE times are Wednesday and Friday afternoons. Please can you ensure full PE kit is in school on these days and labelled with your child’s name. Ear-rings should be removed.Swimming will be taken during the Summer Term
- Please ensure you child has a drinking bottle in school and that any snack money is in a labelled purse or envelope.Please note that on my current timetable I will not be in school on Friday afternoons due to PPA (Planning ,Preparation and Assessment time.)
If you feel the need to contact me my email address is:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note I will only be available to respond to emails between the times of 10-11am and 2-3pm on week days during term time only. If I am inundated please bear with me if you do not get an immediate response. I will do my very best to answer any questions or queries but please understand some things may be difficult to resolve remotely.
What We’ve Been Up To:
Year 2 have been learning all about electricity and how to construct their very own working circuit. The children were challenged with using what they had learnt, to create a Continue Reading →
A big well done and thank you to all the children who raised money through their sponsorship forms for the ‘Sports for Schools’ day. All your money has gone towards Continue Reading →
Well done to all the children for taking part in the Stoke City Penalty Shoot-out. We could all see some future football players in our school and everyone was a Continue Reading →
What a thoroughly enjoyable morning the children had working up a sweat completing the fitness circuit led by olympic athletes, Joe Roebuck and Amy Smith. They were very inspiring and Continue Reading →
Year 2 have been designing, creating and painting houses made out of cardboard that resemble the houses in London in 1666 as part of their DT project. Everyone got involved Continue Reading →