- To support work in class, we ask that children read every night.
- Precision maths folders are given out on a Monday and we ask that they are returned on Friday.
- Other homework may be issued on an ad hoc basis.
The school uses Letters and Sounds as our phonics scheme.
- In Year One we listen to the children read at least once a week, we have guided reading sessions four days a week.
- Obviously there is a great deal more reading goes on in class.
- Often we will try to slip additional reading in during the day. For this reason please ensure that your child’s reading book is in class every day.
- Our PE lessons are on Tuesday and Friday, please ensure that your child has their kit in school on these days.
- We have daily sessions of reading, English and maths. The children will be split into groups according to our assessments of their ability.
- We place a big emphasis on children working collaboratively within lessons.
- Children are provided with all of the equipment that they may need for their lessons so there is no need for them to bring pencil cases in.
- Please contact us on the yard if we are available or write a short note.
- Please note that we do not read messages in the reading diary unless we are reading with your child.
- Please can you discourage children from bringing games, toys or other possessions into school other than if asked. We cannot look for broken, swapped or lost possessions.
What We’ve Been Up To:
The William Amory Primary School and Nursery commemorated the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Armistice – which recognised the significance of the end of the First World War, and Continue Reading →
Year 1 went on an Autumn walk and used their senses to spot signs of Autumn to use in their writing. They particularly loved getting to throw as many leaves Continue Reading →
As part of their topic ‘Marvellous Me’, Year 1 used their superhero senses to investigate the case of the lost teddy. They sniffed out his minty smell and identified his Continue Reading →
24th October 2018 – Film Night – Ferdinand On the 24th October 2018 the PTFA will be hosting a film night at the school. The chosen film is ‘Ferdinand’. The Continue Reading →
Class Info Evening Your class teachers will be available on Wednesday 12th September to talk to you about your child(ren)’s new class routines and structures. This is not the opportunity to Continue Reading →